Thursday, February 7, 2008

tongue salad

because they all jostle around in my head...
because I'm working as an editor...
because they are wicked fun...
because, in another long, mixolingual conversation, I have just learned the song below...
because it is a central feature of my life here...
because of the smile on the face of the waitress in Sap...
for want of a better name...

I have called this blog tongue salad. That may change, but it's there for now.

Fele Magyar, fele Tott
Kupili sme malacat
De a malac elfutot
Kupili sme masikot

Half Hungarian, half Slovak
We bought a pig
But the pig ran away
So we bought another

Any comments about my lamentable Greek mildly appreciated at best. Ditto any suggestion that actually I have a preference for Shopska salat.

It's good to be back!

Chris

5 comments:

J Adamthwaite said...

I'm glad you're virtually back. Why did you decide to move? x

goosefat101 said...

Ere you ripped off your layout from jen who ripped it off from me who ripped it off from the set options on blogger.

Nice to be your groupy once again.

x

chris said...

thinks "lummy, comments. i'd better put up some more content."

Julia said...

i think the MDG icons are cute!

chris said...

Yes, I agree - and thanks to the efforts of the new web editor, the text on the page behind them is now up to date!

Such starry eyes . . .